At LINGO, we encourage everyone to resist fossil fuel extraction and infrastructure everywhere.
The battle starts in our imagination. With LINGO Murals you can plant the idea in our minds and hearts that fossil fuels need to stay underground for a safe future.
The next chance for intervention is at exploration. LINGO calls for a Global Moratorium on Exploration.
Here is a list of resistance initiatives around the world. Please find the one closest to you and join their efforts:
——————————— AFRICA ———————————
Nigeria: Environmental Rights Action
South Africa: Centre for Civil Society
Uganda: Global Witness
——————————— AMERICAS ———————————
Argentina: Observatorio Petrolero del Sur
Bolivia: The Democracy Center
FOBOMADE: Amazonía sin petróleo
Brazil: Não Fracking Brasil
Canada: Unist’ot’en Camp
Ecuador: Acción Ecológica
Peru: Alianza Arkana
USA: Amazon Watch
OFF Fossil Fuels (campaign by Food & Water Watch)
——————————— ASIA ———————————
India: Greenpeace India
Indonesia: Greenpeace Southeast Asia
Myanmar: Earth Rights International
Thailand: Thailand Coal Network
——————————— AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA ———————————
Australia: Galilee Blockade
New Zealand: Coal Action Network Aotearoa
Pacific Islands: 350.org Pacific
——————————— EUROPE ———————————
Croatia: Clean Adriatic Sea Alliance
Czech Republic: Limity jsme my
France: ATTAC France
Ireland: Shell to Sea
Italy: Comitato No TAP
Netherlands: Code Rood
——————————— GLOBAL ———————————
Energy Reality (campaigns)
Fractracker Map: Global Resistance to Fracking
Greenpeace (Oil and gas: keep it in the ground)
(If you know an initiative that is not included, please let us know!)
You may also find the following resources helpful:
- Fossil Tracker a global list of new fossil fuel projects.
- EJOLT’s Atlas of environmental conflicts, which can be filtered for fossil fuel projects. They also have featured maps of Blockadia and the Global Gas Lock-in.
- LINGO’s Poster on Why Extraction Resistance is essential for stopping global warming
- “Beating Goliath” – A resource to win battles against corporations by The Democracy Center
The Anti-Fracking Mobilization Toolkit developed by Leah Fusco and Angela Carter in Canada (PDF pages 289-299)
- Oilwatch: Ideas to document cases and develop strategies to leave it in the ground
- Yes to Life, No to Mining’s toolkit for extraction resistance and list of anti-coal campaigns globally.